Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Friday, May 19, 2017

Week 6 - Manila

So I thought the MTC experience was long and crazy, but this is a whole new everything and is quite the experience. First off I am here in the Manila MTC safe and sound, and the total plane ride lasted I think 35 hours with all the layovers from Salt Lake to LAX to Hong Kong and then to Manila, but I'm really not sure how long because I was basically delusional the whole time and still am.. We would literally talk to everyone in the airports and plane rides and try to share the gospel as much as possible, and then the ride from Hong Kong to Manila we even tried to teach some people in Tagalog. We walked outside of the airport and the heat hit us all like a truck, like I have heard about the heat, but it is indescribable if you have never felt it before so... I will just leave it at that and let you find out for yourself. Just the drive from the airport to the Manila MTC we saw some of the most poor areas(like concrete stacked on top of each other tiny cramped houses) and some of the most rich areas (gated off and way way nice mansions). It is like LA on the most crowded day, but dirtier and with worse drivers and is literally 4 times the size. I felt like I was in a movie. The MTC president greeted us and let us settle in and we are going to sleep at 7 P.M. which is technically us going to bed at 5 A.M. for what we are used to so. The food here is way way better and I ate a fish eye so that"s cool. We also tried talking to people today sa tagalog, but they laugh at us when we try to speak, even the members so that's fantastic. haha something to work on, and they also speak way way way way too fast. I think I just need to sleep because this all feels like a dream, but it's also one of the coolest things ever.

This is all just super crazy and surreal, but I know this church to be true so much I just push through every day and will keep doing so till the very end. The next time I will write will most likely be not this Monday, but the one after that when I am in Urdaneta because I only have a short time to write this and i'll be here at Manila till Wednesday. wish me luck and please pray for me...Imma need it.


Love,

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment