Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 17 - I almost died

Hello po lahat

It is Typhoon season here and I thought I would leave you devoted fellow friends and family with an entertaining story of the week. So many people ask "Elder Terry are you just writing about the good things and work that is being done on the field for you" and the answer is very much so YESSSSSS! I see some of the weirdest things every day, and am apart of difficult experiences every single day, but it's starting to become normal to me so I don't write about it because it doesn't seem strange anymore and no one gets upset about it so neither do I. Dogs attack you, streets turn into rivers, you sleep in your own sweat because you don't have electricity, RICE EVERYDAY, ETC.

But this week was as little too much for me to not write about... I love sleep so much and I was completely exhausted and it was only half way through the day. Elder Barredo and I and wanted to invite all our investigators, literally every single one said they would be busy and wouldn't go for some random excuse lol" ( love agency ) so we went up "the hill of death to Tatay Radam's house and then this mini typhoon came out of no where. The hill turned into a waterfall coming towards us and we were literally holding our umbrellas completely sideways trying to block the rain but that didn't accomplish much. The rain and wind was so strong A TREE FELL right in front of us and we didn't even see it until it landing in front of us and was an inch from hitting live electric wires. It was a humbling experience and now I literally live the motto you a'int living if your not almost dying. This is just one a the few different experiences I face everyday. Of course I have bad days and rough times and disagreement, but this is all making learn to face to the Lord and just trust that everything will work out. I'm honestly just happy out here and I enjoy the work so much. It's only 4 months in and I am forgetting English words and days fly by like crazy because I get so focused on the work.

Inside the Mabini cave last Pday
 Sick tree I found
 After math of the rain this week literally every single day
 The river is twice as full now and way muddy
I hope I continue to almost die because they make great stories. haha. Please pray for me to not die here...thanks Love and Miss you all

Love, Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment