Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Day 1 - April 5, 2017

Notes from Dad:
Having my son set apart last night by our good friend and member of the stake presidency, Tim Miller, was  really awesome. Collin had several of his friends at the house too. It was a great opportunity to explain and teach about why Collin was leaving for 2 years and serving the Lord. Collin received great council and an amazing blessing. He is in good hands for 2 years. After the setting apart, Collin spent the rest of the night checking the packing list and getting the final things ready. The only thing he forgot, since he didn't bother to do this sooner, was a watch and a battery clock. I guess he will have to trust his companion. Collin ended up with his big suitcase, his carry on suitcase and his shoulder bag. Well, I went to bed around 11:30 but I'm pretty sure Collin stayed up later than that. I set my alarm for 5am so we could be at the airport at 5:30am for a 7am flight out of SNA on Delta to SLC. I woke Collin up, gave him a breakfast bar and had him say a prayer before leaving. He was mostly nervous about traveling and arriving. We headed to the airport and got him checked in and I waited and watched him make it through the security checkpoint. Then that was it. I turned around and drove home.

At 9:18am our time, I got a call from an 801 number and it was Collin calling from the airport saying that he arrived okay.

At 1:30pm our time. I got an email from him with the subject "I didn't die". Here are the contents of his first missionary email from collin.terry@myldsmail.net:
"I arrived safely and everything is going super well. I'm already leaning Tagalog with only four other people in the class and it's only kind of really difficult. I actually have two companions as of right now and they are both really good guys. I am very excited to continue learning and get used to this life. it's also nice to be surrounded by people who are doing the same thing i'm doing and are just as freaked out as I am, but i'm already getting used to it. Talk to you soon. 
Love, your favorite son Collin"

No comments:

Post a Comment