Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Week 1 - MTC

Thursday April 13, 2017
Week 1

Here at the Provo MTC and today was finally our first day off woke up at 5:00 am to beat the laundry rush. The people here are amazing and fantastic, and feels like I've been here and known them for months. So each day I've been trying to keep the best attitude about everything, even though I wake up early, and just work my butt off and it is really really paying off. It's been one week and I know more in Tagalog then Spanish after 2 years of taking it which isn't saying much but still. On Tuesday though I was having a rough day I first off had to teach an investigator and he talked about losing his Pananampalataya(look it up)in Cristo It was sabrang mahirap (very difficult) to try and communicate, and after that in the language class we just went over stuff we needed to know and I learned like nothing in 4 hours, and I was tired and hungry, but instead of getting angry, as a class we read scriptures and talked about the (embanhelyo) and I truly felt the Espirito Santo(Holy Ghost) calm me down and help me feel so much better and gain pananampalataya in myself to keep pushing through and the best part was that night I got these giant bomb cookies so everything worked out.

So basically every day goes wake up eat, study, gym, study, lunch, class, dinner, teach, class, shower, sleep....just a lot of work and it is so so so nice. I found myself just getting lost in the work and motivating myself to keep working and push through till the end of the day and then crashing. Here are just a few pics of this week.

I love these guys they are both my companions
 ​(left Elder Wynn)(right Elder Fonua) Yes it was snowing and freezing

Our zone...we're all learning Tagalog here at our temple walk

 Elder Wala and myself

This is a hard boiled they had the nerve to serve us here please send all kinds of food asap i'm hungry

Overall It's honestly been an amazing week and I cant wait to serve and learn and grow my testimony more every single day.

Ingat

-Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment