Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Week 3 - MTC

Buenos dias

It's official I'm already half way done with the Mission Training Center experience. It's loco loco because it feels like I have been here for both only a day and for months(hard to explain). We had our older Elders, who basically have been taking care of us, leave yesterday and it was super sad because they became really really close over the past couple of weeks, but the good side of this is that now Elder Wynn and I, the zone leaders, are basically in charge of the TEN new elders that came in and we met them yesterday so this will be an interesting experience. Other than that it's been a pretty good week. Elder Wynn, Elder Fonua and I are still teaching our investigators which is supposed to be practice, but you get so involved with the language and the lesson and their acting of their character is done so well that it feels 100% real, like when they are having a hard time and not understanding something it really makes me feel their pain of what they're going through. Also, when they understand new doctrine and pray and feel the holy ghost answer them and help them it truly brings joy to both the investigators and ourselves.

For example one day we were teaching a 20 year old investigator who's mom had died at birth and her dad was now dying from cancer, but we taught her about the plan of salvation as best as we could, and its super difficult because of all the new vocabulary in Tagalog, and the spirit was so so strong during that lesson testifying of the truth that we all became teary eyed. We have stories like this almost everyday here and it really just make my testimony grow and grow.

Another example this week is when we were going to teach a member of the church, but we didn't know what to teach her about so Elder Fonua happened to be reading a scripture about the power of prayer and said we should teach her about that and I randomly opened my preach my gospel to a page about praying with faith so we were like I guess the spirit is telling us something. After we taught about prayer to her we heard from our teacher who talked to the person we taught that whatever we taught was exactly what she needed to here at that time.

Well I like keeping these short so that's pretty much it for this week. please everyone send emails because I love hearing from everyone and I will reply as soon as possible. Also here are just a few pics from this week.

Everyone to the left of me are the ones that left yesterday...they will be missed​
 Imma go there... looks like a donkey head
 Us making fun of other cultures
 food is so good​
see you all next week

Love, Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment