Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Week 11

This has been a very awesome, fun, and way hard working week.  Sometimes it is really hard to understand what people are saying and it's even harder to speak sometimes. For the most part I can make the best of it and suck it up, but other times it's just like haha, wow, what the heck, um, and nope. It forced me to just completely rely on the spirit in my lessons, and pray for the gift of tongues constantly.

This one hot day we saw this old tatay (grandpa) pushing his bike up this huge hill way far from where we originally planned to go to and after talking to him we just went down this random other path and went to the first house we saw. This guy named Edgar at the house had a problem. He can't read anything because he has really bad eyesight and he can't afford glasses because he has a major heart problem and he actually hasn't left his home in 4 years because of it. We taught him lesson one and I did it just the same as I usually do teaching him about families and the first vision and then after teaching I asked "how can you know that our message is true" trying to lead into prayer and he just said "I know this to be true because I felt it in my heart." We explained the holy ghost to him and how by the holy ghost you can know the truth of all things. The lesson behind this extremely humbling experience was that even though my Tagalog isn't perfect the holy ghost can testify of it's truth.

There's been so many of these amazing experiences and I know I am not a great writer so I know it doesn't even come close to truly describing the experiences that I see and face daily. I really do love every bit of it. My knowledge and testimony of the gospel has continued to grow and I never really realized how completely true and perfect it is until now. I can't wait to go out and teach and make great stories.

My mom told me to take pics like this
 there's jungle for miles on end
 dinner preparation
 Dinner party eating our goat.

Happy, happy fathers day
For fathers day here, the youth kids and women went up and sang to all the fathers (like 5 of them lol because I found out we actually have the smallest ward in our entire mission). I heard that my mission president likes me so he sent me to this small area. It's easy for me to connect with the Philippine people because they just don't take life too seriously and like having fun but when they care about something they go full out. Dad, the fact that you served a mission in Taiwan and had to learn Mandarin is crazy. I can't even imagine. I think you're awesome! see ya at Christmas lol.

the singers at church

Thanks for reading

Being a missionary is the bees knees lol

Love,
Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment