Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 5, 2017

Week 9

Kumusta po lahat tao

This week was my first full week in my area and to expand on that my area is way far out part of the top left part of my mission and it had the smallest church building in the whole area and the least amount of people (30 active members), but that means the most amount of work needs to be done. most people in our area are are either catholic or belong to the church called Iglesia ni cristo. So the hard part isn't really teaching, but just getting into the door, but Elder Amone and I are so confident we kind of just walk inside the house and start teaching. This week had been way successful of having 54 new investigators in one week and 14 accepted baptism invitations, but we found that the hard part was them keeping commitments especially going to church so that is our focus for this upcoming week. I really do feel blessed to be in this mission and with this people because I know other missions don't have this kind of success.

Common asked questions to me....now answered

1. I ate balut at the MTC and it's a chicken egg that has been developing for a couple weeks.
2. It is rainy season here right now and there has been a lightning storm every single night, and I have had to run through heaving rain a couple times now, but I have an umbrella now.
3. I got a cream for the mosquitoes and If I don't use it I die and we also keep the spiders in our house because the don't bother us and they eat the mosquitoes.
4. The house we use does have electricity, but there are common rolling blackouts, and we have running water except in the mornings. no working showers or toilets though.
5. Elder Amone and I have not played rugby, but this guy is literally famous. Look up Richard Amone rugby from Australia.
6. There is AC in the bishops office and one small room, but it is no where else in our area....so It's hot
7. I was at the Manila MTC to fill out citizenship paperwork and get adjusted to everything and the food was fantastic there and also I got to do a session at the Manila temple, small, but beautiful...and in English

One of our walks to an investigator
 Our whole church building
 Pictures don't give the views justice
 Dinner appointment with a member
That is all for this week


Love, Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment