Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 21 - Miracles Everywhere

The Purpose of B.A.T.C.H. using love

Since the day I showed up in Mabini Area Alaminos Zone my companions and I have been praying, fasting, and working day after day, trial after trial and seeing the small bits of success every day always made it worth it, but the prayers have truly been answered and miracles are taking place here. We have been focusing on Less Actives like crazy and working with members left and right and getting them motivated for missionary work, and this week was Branch Conference so we saw this as a great opportunity to get ALL the members to use B.A.T.C.H. (Bring A friend To CHurch)-the genius of President Deyro.

Our average Sacrament Attendance for the past 10 years has been 40 to 50 people, 2-3 ISM's, but this week we hit a record of 85 people in attendance and a total of 15 investigators with 6 different FULL families investigating the church. Before my mission I would never even think that this would be a reason to rejoice, but after working here month after month and seeing our tiny little church building become completely filled with children sitting on laps and fully grown men sitting on the floor with the lack of space and chairs available truly brought tears to my eyes. The biggest thing I learned from this experience is to just LOVE you ward, branch, or even your tiny little meeting house like your own family and use them to their full ability because they are one of the most powerful tools you have.

I love being a missionary more than I ever thought I would, or can even describe and I will work my self to death if I have to to build the kingdom of God because seeing families and friends come together is worth every single bit of it all.

beautiful view outside a members house
 My district at district meeting
 Elder Barredo and a crazy kid
That is all for this week thank you all for all the love and support and emails.​​

Love Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment