Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 2, 2017

Week 26 - Dagupan Transfer

Elder Terry here and it has been a crazy awesome week here. It was transfer week here in the Urdaneta Mission and I have been transferred. I sadly had to leave my beautiful branch of Mabini and my companion Elder Barredo, but I also had the great opportunity to be transferred to the DAGUPAN 3A Ward with my new cool companion Elder Obias. Dagupan has said to be known as the "promise land" and after being here only since Tuesday, I see exactly why. This is one of the biggest Stakes and Wards in Pangasinan, with a sacrament attendance of 250+, and we have had dinner appointments every single day since we have been here and on Sunday we even had 2 dinners. People are literally throwing baptisms at us because we are actually opening this area up so we have a lot planned for this Ward.

I am so excited to be here and to work so hard here. I still love missionary work with all my heart and I can't wait to get a new start in my new area. I did not realize how hard the work was back in Mabini until I got here. because after being here for a couple days the work had progressed so much and now the baptisms next transfer will be every week. we have 100s of baptisms lined up in just 5 days.

Elder Obias is way hard working, enjoys the work, is funny and our personalities clicked right away and the people we teach see it too.

We sing in almost all our lessons and we've made so many people cry from the spirit. This area has been specifically prepared for us to just harvest (no need to plant at all). Literally the members see us working hard and my Tagalog is basically fluent now (mostly) and we work well together so they just work with us and we go and teach them and they go to church and read and I just love it.

This area is awesome and I will get fat here. We already have dinner lined up all week.

Dagupan is a huge city and we went bowling today and investigators and it is basically America in the mall but everyone speaks Tagalog.

Here are just a few of the pics of what is happening in my life.

Me right before leaving Mabini, we made a Giant baptism wall to keep track of all our upcoming baptisms and to stay Motivated and Happy.
 This is my new companion ELDER OBIAS in our new open area Dagupan 3A
Nanay Gipa (cool grandma), Elder Hamilton (tallest missionary in the field), Elder Obias (my Companion), Elder Sills (first day on the field), and Choo Chai (DOG)
Teach every creature

Great week here in Dagupan

Till next week Elder TERRY

No comments:

Post a Comment