Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 29

Hello. Po sa inyo lahat. Sorry for my last couple of emails because my P-Days have been full and busy and a little stressful running around trying to do everything, but now I am here and will respond to your emails and try to write as much as I can describe about the past couple of weeks.

Dagupan has been great to me because we continue to have lots of support from the members from food and them working with us and words of encouragement. FUN FACT - If you actually look at a overview map of Dagupan it is actually just water and fish ponds everywhere with lands houses and roads just kind of built on top of it all.. There are floods constantly on the paths and it's so common to the people here it doesn't even bother them. Also as winter comes closer the weather has gotten way more tolerable, but stormy season is coming closer upon us so I am hoping that will not become a problem to us here.

To be honest this past couple of weeks have had some crazy ups and downs. We have been trying our best to be perfectly obedient and working our butt off, especially in trying to find new investigators.We have found soooooo many people to teach and it has been a humbling great experience. These people are so accepting and loving to us here that everyday we finish the day with over 10-15 full lessons. They love our happy attitude and the true message of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we have for them. We taught one Family, the Fabinas family that just moved in the area and we taught them about the Book of Mormon and we then came back to follow up if they read and they all read together thru chapter 2 and some even already to chapter 6. So happy to see people progress.

But sometimes our investigators just choose not to keep the commitments we are leaving with them especially with going to church. It's sad because they have these concerns, promblems, and challenges in their lives and this message we have is THE BEST way for them to grow repent and become like Christ. I do not have the desire to drop any of the people we are teaching, but there are also more people out there that are ready right now for us. As you return to the people again and again you truly gain a love and desire for them to be happy so we are planning on giving them all another chance to change and the only way for that is the TOOLS OF THE LORD. yes we are all just tools in the LORDs ministry and it took me a while to learn that and figure it out.

Of course sometimes I miss home and want to sleep in, but it's not about me at all. Sure I am growing and learning everyday through these experiences, but I am only here to invite OTHERS to come unto Christ. I love my mission and I am OK and safe MOM, I love the people, and the food, and I love my mission 2 X's. I keep forgetting to take pics so this doesn't really capture much but here you go anyway.

Cool story about my work here.
Tagalog is not as much as a concern as it used to be so my true personality and talents and happiness is coming out. Elder Sills, Hamilton, and Obias and I all get along very well and we love to be be obedient. The members are taking notice to. they are saying things like, "we feel the spirit strong with you guys",  "are you guys actually related" , and they are always willing to help out. We seriously have dinner appointments every single day with the members. It's a good life here.

It rained the whole day and flooded everywhere, but Elder Obias and I don't care we worked.
​I don't know how to basketball
I am surrounded by bugs and water you just can't see
Our baptism next week, Ralph, who just turned 9 and is crazy

LOVE ELDER TERRY

No comments:

Post a Comment