Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Week 30

Kumusta po kayo lahat

Nagpapasalamat ako sa pakakataon na magemail sa inyo. Before I begin I just want you to know that the Philippines is lit no doubt about it and I learn something new everyday. My Tagalog is definitely less of a burden on me so I am now learning more deep Tagalog words and even trying to learn some Pangalatok which is a very common dialect in Pangasinan. But again as always this week has been filled with ups ad downs and because it is GRATITUDE WEEK here I will only talk positive.

I will start with a story with one of our investigators Manalyn a 14 year old girl who is way smart and had a problem. She was taught by the missionaries in the past enjoys having us over has prayed to know if this church was true, BUT never received an answer. So we decided to text her every single day to remind her to read the Book of Mormon and pray about the truthfulness of the restoration. After 2 weeks of her saying she wasn't sure if this church was true One Day she finally said that she had received answer through Faith, time, reading, and praying. These moments may seem like not much to some people reading this, but it is the moments like this that makes being tired everyday worth it and walking 15 kilometers everyday seem not so bad, because you grow so close with your investigators and know we set her baptism date for 2 weeks from now and she is more than ready to be fully active and activate her whole family too.

I sadly keep forgetting to take pictures because everything here seems normal, but here are just some of the ones I took this week.

These are the utensils I use in Dagupan because we get fed so much here
Chicken Intestines are thrown away in America, but here they are put on a BBQ
Ralph our baptism this Saturday
I read the BOM in Tagalog
Sige po ito lang

Salamat sa horas nyo at ingat po kayo

No comments:

Post a Comment