Email

email: collin.terry@myldsmail.net

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Week 40

I don't have much to write but I realize that it's probably pretty hard for you guys to completely understand what my life is like here so I'll just describe what my life is usually life on a normal day basis.

Of course I start the day off waking up at 6:30 on the top bunk and it feels like I just lied down from the night before, but here I am dragging myself over to turn off the electric fan that was blowing all night. Then Elder Obias, Estabillio, Roxas, and I gather together on knees and pray for guidance and support for the upcoming day and for the Temple here to be built for people to enjoy the blessings of it. We then take cold, refreshing showers with a tiny bucket and use water that is sometimes on and sometimes not, eat, and then plan for the day coming up.

This last Saturday, we left to work early to remind investigators of church tomorrow as sweat is dripping down our faces, but I don't even realize it anymore. We then went to some other missionaries areas to interview the baptismal candidates. We need 2 jeep-neys, a boat, and a motor tricycle just to get to their church as soon as possible. Then we headed back to our church to have our zone leaders interview our candidates for next week. (they passed of course) all 5 of them.

We then had 2 wonderful relief society sisters work with us to visit some upcoming and potential baptisms. We walked from house to house because there is no other transportation in our area and got punted a couple of times and by the end of working all evening, my legs and back were all tensed up and the thought of lying down again sounded like the scriptures describing heaven. We actually forgot to eat the whole day because we were rushing, but I wasn't even hungry because we were so busy (haha). We ate our dinner of Pigar Pigar with is basically buffalo meat, and of course rice as well. Elder Obias and I recounted our day and talked of things we could improve and grow on. We then turn the fan back on and sleep and repeat.

The life of a missionary sounds pretty repetitive, but it's the lessons and the people we teach just all make it so worth it. That part is truly indescribable!

Puppies!!!
White ties for Thomas S. Monson
Us trying to count all our ISM's (Investigators at Sacrament Meeting) haha
Life a good one

Elder Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment